Check back here nearer the time for the delicious feast of events we have in store for you during our third Yorkshire Dales Cheese Festival - 14 to 22 September 2019 as we celebrate the fantastic local produce found across Yorkshire Dales National Park and Nidderdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
For a taste of what's to come, here's what happened in 2018.
We kicked off with a cracking two-day cheese festival at Wensleydale Creamery, Hawes, on 15 & 16 September and finished with the food and drink extravaganza that was the Beer & Beef Festival at Jervaulx on 22 September.
And there was whey more! Here are some of the enticing events that happened over the week of the Yorkshire Dales Cheese Festival 2018:
- Lancashire vs. Yorkshire Cheese Tasting Competition ~ The Bolton Arms, Redmire
- Special Cheese and Local Produce Menu ~ Stump Cross Caverns, Pateley Bridge
- Stonebeck Cheese Open Farm Weekend ~ Low Riggs Farm, Nidderdale
- Whey Hey!: Guided Walk ~ starting in Hawes
- Westmorland Wedge Cycle Journey ~ Askrigg to Kirkby Stephen
- Taste in Time: Farmhouse Food ~ Dales Countryside Museum, Hawes
- Truckle in the Trees: Forest Schools for Kids ~ Freeholders' Wood, Aysgarth Falls
- Cheese & Wine Tasting Event ~ Campbell's of Leyburn
- Glorious Game Celebration ~ Bolton Castle
- Local Farmers Market ~ Brymor Ice Cream, Jervaulx
- Riverbank Rarebit ~ Riverbank Burnsall
- Traditional Wensleydale Cheese Making Session: A Step Back to the 1930s ~ The Courtyard Dairy, Austwick