Local Government Transparency Code
Our responsibilities under the Local Government Transparency Code 2015 require us to publish details of our spend, procurement, personnel, assets and constitution.
The Code is issued to meet the Government's desire to place more power into citizens' hands, to increase democratic accountability and make it easier for local people to contribute to the local decision making process and help shape public services.
The Code does not replace or supersede the existing legal framework for access to and re-use of public sector information provided by the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (as amended by the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012), the Environmental Information Regulations 2004, the Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2005 and Infrastructure for Spatial Information in the European Community Regulations 2009.
Data can be viewed and used under the Open Government Licence published by the National Archives.
Our open data
- Items of spending over £500 updated each month
- Grants paid (Included in above listing) updated each month
- Government procurement card transactions (Included in above listing) updated each month
All these can be found on our Open data - finance page.
- Organisational chart for staff earning over £50,000 per annum each year
- Senior salaries updated each year
- Pay multiple updated each year
- Trade union facility time updated each year
All these are available on our Personnel data page.
- Invitations to quote or tender for contracts exceeding £5000 (Quarterly)
- Contracts, commissioned activity, purchase order, framework agreement and other legally enforceable agreements valued in excess of £5000 (Quarterly)
Published on our Procurement data page.
- Local Authority freehold assets and leasehold assets (Annually)
- Parking revenues and controlled parking spaces (Annually)
- Constitution (Annually)
These can be found on our Authority data page.
Additionally, under the Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 we are now required to publish a written record of decisions that have been delegated to officers that:
- grant permission or a licence;
- affect the rights of an individual; or
- incur expenditure that materially affects our financial position.
This information can be found on the Delegations page.